For the last two decades, Archipelagos has been focused on marine and terrestrial research and conservation. Though conservation efforts of Archipelagos Institute can only be successful when shared with the local communities and the general public. Effective communication, through media, builds up relationships with both the local community and the general public. This is applied through our website and social media content that is shared internationally and is the key to building awareness.
Media, PR & Graphic Design team
Media is an invaluable tool in order to raise awareness and inspire the local communities and the wider public to take an active role for the conservation of marine biodiversity, as well as highlighting local and global environmental issues. Archipelagos Media Team creates material concerning biodiversity, environmental conservation and public health issues through various platforms, with the goal of raising awareness and making effective changes. According to interests and skill sets, interns will be involved with a variety of projects.
Examples of recent internship projects
• Photographing marine and terrestrial wildlife as well as the various research and conservation actions carried out by Archipelagos’ teams.
• Participating in boat-based and land-based surveys and documenting their research efforts.
• Creating and editing footage of marine and terrestrial wildlife using various software.
• Creating scientific illustrations of fauna and flora for marine and terrestrial species as well as informational material.
• Creating press releases and informational material for newspapers, online media, TV and radio.
• Increasing awareness of local and global environmental issues through social media.
This internship will mostly be office work; however, interns will have the opportunity to participate in boat-based surveys and research expeditions. You are providing support for the scientific communication of Archipelagos research work whilst raising awareness towards the challenges of marine conservation.
This internship program is available to applicants who have a background in the field of art, communications, education, design, or science communication. Also, with interest in one of the following:
• Video Editing
• Graphic design
• Marketing and social media management
• Fluency in English
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Motivation to live in remote places with simple facilities
• Sincere desire to work towards Archipelagos’ conservation efforts
What we offer
We offer an internship at an inspiring institute with experts on coastal conservation. You have the opportunity to collect data for writing a thesis, scientific publications or increasing your skillset within the marine conservation sector. Internships range from 3 - 12 months, although shorter or longer internship periods may be arranged to cover the needs of groups or individuals. As Archipelagos is a non-profit research institute, the internships we offer are unpaid. The experience requires an internship weekly fee of 200 - 245 euros to cover living and research expenses (e.g. housing, 3 meals a day, public liability insurance and other research facilities). Students and recent graduates and researchers are advised to search for possible funding through their universities, by getting in touch with the International Office/ Placement/ Erasmus+ Offices at their Universities or other relevant grant providing organizations in their region.
To apply for this internship, please send an email to our admissions team outlining your program of interest and requesting an application form - [email protected] We will get back to you within 2 working days.